Feeling rapid heart rate. Should I Be concerned?

Cardiologist
Question
my heart rate has jumped from 80 0r 90 beats per minute in the evening to 140 should I be concerned? I had an ablation about a year and a half ago
YYYY@YYYY
Posted Wed, 19 Dec 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist.
Answer to your question is yes it is a matter of concern, not for panic.
We want to know, is it recurrence of atrial fibrillation or just a bout of inappropriate sinus tachycardia (assuming that after you gained sinus rhythm back after ablation for atrial fibrillation). If now the fast rate is not there, an EKG will not give us the desired clue. Therefore, please see your doctor and discuss the two options one is to ignore it is an one off exception or second go for a test like Holter or better an event monitor. Like me your doctor will also be curious to know the answer. You are having some more medical problems on the card, we do not add one. Good Luck.
If there is a subsequent question, I will be most happy to answer.

With Best Wishes.
Sincerely

Dr Anil Grover
MD(Medicine) DM (Cardiology)
Cardiologist and Internist
WWW.WWWW.WW