Feeling pulse in urethra, swelling in vagina after intercourse. No blood in urine. Urinary bladder infection?

Question
I have an issue that I don't really want to go to doctors with but not sure if I have bladder infection? The main symptom is like a pulsing feeling I guess in my urethra, every few seconds or so like a vibration.it only lasts about a second but is constantly occuring. Not painful but really annoying and distracting. It feels like blood flow and does speed up after I have done some activity (just walking as such). It makes no difference if I am sitting, standing or lying. It was a bit sore after going to the loo yesterday but fine today. I am not having to go any more frequently than normal. Have had for 3 days now. When my partner and I were having intercourse it felt as if I was slightly swollen around the entrance. (sorry rather embarrasing). There is no blood in urine. Thanks
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 11 hours later
Hello

Thanks for the query

I think you are having vaginitis as there is soreness and discharge.

It can be urethritis also.

You can give urine sample to lab for pus cells or RBC's.

You can apply anti inflammatory ointment after washing with V wash which contains lactobacilli and maintains the vaginal pH
Always wash from front to back side

There is no harm in taking tablet secnidazole orally under your doctor's prescription

You can keep vaginal pessaries containing clindamycin and tinidazole
Use nystatin cream for fungal infection.

For pain you can take diclofenac sodium under your doctor's prescription.

Drink lot of water , take urine alkalizers and cranberry juice and probiotics for the prevention of recurrence.

I hope I have answered your query

Any further query is most welcome