Feeling pulse in the teeth, tingling sensation, is stress a reason?

Just wandering I have had my heartbeat or pulse in my teeth with some tingling up the back and top of my head for a week or so? Do you have a answer what could cause this?
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Feeling a pulse in the teeth and tingling on top the head can be due to sinus infection as sometimes the nerve roots of teeth are XXXXXXX enough to feel the pulsating sensation of an infected sinus.
The most probable reasons are-
1.Simple congestion of nose and paranasal sinuses -- take a decongestant drop and see if you improve.
2. Sinus infection -- see your ENT specialist to rule out or diagnose this possibility. Antibiotics are needed for treatment.
3. Abscess -- Usually any infection or abscess under your tooth also causes this sensation due to an increased blood supply to the area. See your dentist pronto before it gets any worse.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.
Follow-up: Feeling pulse in the teeth, tingling sensation, is stress a reason? 30 minutes later
could being stressed cause this?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 42 minutes later

Thanks for writing again.

Stress can be one of the causes but it is always best to get yourself examined and rule out the organic causes first before attributing your symptoms to stress.

Of course, I would suggest you to stay relaxed. Your symptoms may just disappear.

Wishing you an early recovery.