Feeling pulse in the neck, hot flashes, breathlessness. Reasons?

Within the last couple days if feels like my heart is in my chest/throat and at times feels like im being choked, I feel my pulse on my neck and the feeling of being choked happens when i cant feel my heart beat it stops for a second. Its been happening more now then often but its scary. At night when I lay down i get hot flashes and feel really uncomfortable
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 9 hours later

From the symptoms first of all it is advisable that you visit a doctor and get your self examined.Your blood pressure,EKG needs to be done to see what is going on.

Please do not ignore this,you must visit your physician or ER as per your choice.

Looking to your age and other things there are less chances of any major cardiac problem,still without proper investigation nothing can be commented.That is why doctors visit is mandatory.

Apart from this,there is strong possibility of gas problem or anxiety.This conditions exactly mimics heart problem and can be mistaken for it.

Please do following,
>take light diet,avoiding food with high fat content,spicy foods,junk foods etc.
>Avoid taking stress,do not sit alone,talk to some body and always be in a company.
>Avoid drinks like coffee or cold drinks which can stimulate your brain.

Do visit your physician at the earliest for proper evaluation.

I hope this answers your query,I will be glad to answer any follow up queries that you have.