Feeling pulsation in eyes and hearing heartbeat in ears. Which specialist should I consult?

Hi, I have been experiencing for about the last 6 months or so what feels and sounds like my heart beating in my ears, I also feel the pulsation in my eyes. When I check my carotid artery the sounds and pulsations match my actual heartbeat. Do I need to see a specialist and which type?
Posted Wed, 6 Mar 2013 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 5 minutes later
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
You seem to have palpitations.This is the unpleasant experience of feeling one's own increased heart beats.
You need to consult a cardiologist at the earliest.
You might need a electrocardiograph and an echocardiography.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.