Feeling pull in the stomach and bit uneasiness. Prescribed Nizonide, Normaxin and Softovac Powder. Feeling sick. Help?

Gastroenterologist
Question
I do feel pull inside my stomach and little bit uneasiness, I have been affected from this from last few months. These are the medicines I have already taken with consultation from various physicians.I feel my body little lighter from past few months.Weight no significant change.
Dr MA Mir - 19-Jun - 29-Jun - Nizonide, Normaxin, Softovac Powder
29-Jun - 7 Jul - NexPro, Lesvride, Prothidex
No Improvement
Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX - 6th Aug - 16th Aug - as per him Dysbiosis -
Normexin RT,Econorm, O2, Isabgol at night - Completed course - Felt better - No milk
On friday I started normal food routine and stopped medicine, feeling same problem again. Doctor told me to continue Normexin RT and Econorm for 10 more days.
Please suggest and help me. I am sick of my stomach for a while now.
Posted Sat, 28 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 23 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take Normaxin RT, Econorm and Isabgol

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

From details you have suggest that you are suffering from IBS (Stress, life events, and anxiety leads to aggravation of symptoms
4. Some of the medications have to be taken always the dose of which may be increased or decreased on follow up.
5.You have to be on follow up for prolonged time to a Gastroenterologist.

So I will advise you to start Normaxin RT, Econorm and Isabgol. It will relieve your symptoms after may be 10 to 14 days econorm can be stopped and Normaxin RT and Isabgol is to be continued. And then depending upon the symptoms Normaxin RT is to be tapered and Isabgol should be continued. Isabgol has no side effect so it can be continued for whole life

MOST IMPORTANT THING TO REMEMBER IT WILL NEVER HARM YOU IN ANY WAY

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. Remain in touch and get-well soon

Follow-up: Feeling pull in the stomach and bit uneasiness. Prescribed Nizonide, Normaxin and Softovac Powder. Feeling sick. Help? 46 hours later
I was only worried about normaxin RT, so I hope you mean to say thats Ok to take it for longer period and no side effect. Should I resume milk now?

Furthermore, my Vitamin D level keeps on getting low, I do take a course and then it improves and further after few days it goes to lower level again, is IBS has to do anything with it. Also can I continue a Calciferol pouch a month to maintain my Vitamin D and calcium requirement.

Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes you can take calciferol and calcium

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Sorry for delay

Normaxin RT also has minimal side effects so can be taken for a longer period of time

You have to observe whether milk worsen your symptoms, if yes then you have to avoid it, otherwise you can continue with it

No IBS has nothing to do with low vit D

Yes you can continue calciferol XXXXXXX once in a month and calcium supplements

Follow-up: Feeling pull in the stomach and bit uneasiness. Prescribed Nizonide, Normaxin and Softovac Powder. Feeling sick. Help? 21 hours later
I am a thalassemia minor is Amway calmag supplement is ok to take and thanks for your continued help XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes you can take calmag

Detailed Answer:
Hello!
Calmag is a combination of calcium and Magnesium and it is ok even if you have thalassemia minor

Follow-up: Feeling pull in the stomach and bit uneasiness. Prescribed Nizonide, Normaxin and Softovac Powder. Feeling sick. Help? 3 hours later
hi XXXXXXX so magnesium is not iron because a doctor told me thalassemia person should not take iron supplement

Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No magnesium is not iron

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

No magnesium is not iron, it also helps in making bone strong like calcium

Follow-up: Feeling pull in the stomach and bit uneasiness. Prescribed Nizonide, Normaxin and Softovac Powder. Feeling sick. Help? 12 hours later
thank you so much

Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Most welcome

Detailed Answer:
Most welcome, bye and get well soon

Follow-up: Feeling pull in the stomach and bit uneasiness. Prescribed Nizonide, Normaxin and Softovac Powder. Feeling sick. Help? 13 days later
Hi XXXXXXX as suggested by you and my physician I completed 10 days of course further but not much relief.
I do have stomach pain before and after.getting fresh in morning, pain subsides automatically but remains uneasiness and subtle pain. I do feel if I go.and fresh it might be better.
Pain is below navel I think so.

Thanks, XXXXX

Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take Meva-c, Rabeprazole with domperidone

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for feedback

If not fully relieved then take capsule Meva-c instead of normaxin rt, and cap rabeprazole along with domperidone. It will further help in improving symptoms. Wish you a good health

Follow-up: Feeling pull in the stomach and bit uneasiness. Prescribed Nizonide, Normaxin and Softovac Powder. Feeling sick. Help? 6 hours later
for how many days for each tablet and frequency in a day

Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
See details below

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Meva-c twice to thrice per day
Rabeprazole alond with domperidone once in a day (Cap rabium dsr) bbf

The duration will depend as per response.

Wish you a good health

If you do not have any clarification , you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you a good health

Follow-up: Feeling pull in the stomach and bit uneasiness. Prescribed Nizonide, Normaxin and Softovac Powder. Feeling sick. Help? 7 hours later
XXXXXXX I really appreciate your help but do you recommend any test I should get done before starting medicine.

Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Wish you a good health

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXX! I really don't want any investigations before these medications as you are already investigated.