Feeling puffy on pubic bone. Feels tender than usual. Cure?

Question
The top of of my pubic bone right by hairline feels puffy. Its a little harder then usual under the skin
Posted Sun, 28 Jul 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 26 minutes later
Hi XXXXX

Puffiness and harder skin in pubic hair line are indicator of some infection. It can be due to some hair follicle infection or some insect bite.

As a physical examination is required to make a correct diagnosis, in my opinion, you should take a consultation with a dermatologist to plan your treatment according to diagnosis.

Hope this information is informative and helpful to you.

Good luck.

If you have any further query, you can directly reach out to me at the following URL:

WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Feeling puffy on pubic bone. Feels tender than usual. Cure? 18 minutes later
Its not in the hairline but above. Right below my c- cection incision. I had my c-cection 3 years ago so I know its not that. Any other ideas? Doesnt feel like a skin infection.

Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 21 minutes later
Hi XXXXX,

Thanks for the clarification.

The area you specified in your query has bladder and uterus underneath it. It can be harder and puffed due to their pathology or due to some ovarian pathology.

As you are sure that it is not something superficial, I will advise you to go for an urgent whole abdomen ultrasonography to rule out any serious pathological swelling/mass.

Good luck.

WWW.WWWW.WW