Feeling pressure on head. Noticed red scars on cheeks, chin and forehead. Is this an allergic reaction?

allergic reaction?my cheeks, chin, forehead, scars, thighs, and dry skin just turned bright red; I'm feeling lot of pressure in my head as well. Is this an allergic reaction?
Posted Sat, 20 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 2 hours later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

An allergic reaction can present in different forms.People can have allergic reactions to foods, chemicals or agents used on their skin or that comes in contact with the skin, insect bites,medication,pets,stress,exercise,extreme temperatures.
The reaction may be localised to one area of the body or it may be widespread, in the case of food some persons may not present with skin problems but with stomach pain,nausea,vomiting,diarhoea.
The skin manifestations include: redness (like you have), swelling, itching,rash.Other symptoms may be headache (this may be the pressure feeling that you are experiencing), sneezing, hoarsesness, swelling of the tongue, chest tightness, cough, shortness of breath.

If you have an antihistamine available you should consider using it.
If the symptoms do not resolve or worsen then you should consider visiting your doctor for a physical examination.

I hope this helps and you feel better soon, feel free to ask any other questions