Feeling pressure in the nose, puffy eyes, frequent cold and cough. Symptoms worse in cold weather. Allergy?

I am always having a severe pressure in my nose. I also am constantly getting colds, and a chesty cough. The last cold I just can not get rid of and have had for near on 6 weeks. Blocked nose, chesty cough, lost of XXXXXXX mucus, puffy eyes. Sprays offer some relive. I think it is my nose that is causing the problems. I have also been to specialist had camera up the nose etc found nothing ... also gets worse in cold weather.
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 1 hour later

Hi there. Thank you for posting your question. I will do my best to help you.

In spite of ENT(Ear nose throat) opinion, you may still have a nasal polyp.

Or certainly, your symptoms suggest allergic rhinitis. Use Rhynochrom nasal spray or Beconase and think about your possible allergens and how you might avoid them.

I hope that I have answered your questions fully and been of some help. If you have anymore questions please contact me again anytime.

Dr Andrew Rynne.