Feeling pressure in lower abdominal area. Pap smear and blood work done. Could it be prolapsed bladder?

Hi - for years I have felt pressure in my lower abs area. I thought it was the result of being overweight. This year I lost the weight but the pressure remains and may be more intense. I sought the advice of my doctor who thought it might be prolapsed bladder. I saw a specialist who said he saw nothing 'remarkable' as a result of his exam. The pressure often prevents me from standing up straight from a seated position. Not sure of next steps. I recently had a complete physical that included Pap smear and blood work. Nothing to report. Just looking for suggestions on next steps
Posted Mon, 29 Oct 2012 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 12 hours later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your question...

In order to understand your problem better could you please clarify a few queries...

1) How many years have you been having this problem?
2) Was the onset sudden or gradual?
3) Can you describe your discomfort a little more in detail - Is it like a dull pain or just a heavy sensation? Does it keep shifting of radiating? When does it increase / when is it relieved?
4) Do you have any other associated symptoms - genito-urinary problems, bowel irregularities, etc.
5) How much of dysfunction is this problem causing you?
6) How is your sleep and appetite?
7) Are you an anxious person? How is your mood lately? Have you been feeling excessively tired, disinterested and run down lately?
8) Do you have any other past medical history?

Please get back to me with these details so that I can guide you better.
Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist