Ask a Urologist   »  

Feeling pressure in lower abdomen and pelvis, incontinence. No bacteria in urine analysis. Need surgery?

Was pressure in lower abdomen near pelvis. Then TINY incontinence all day long since last Thursday, but no more pressure. No pain during urinating and no frequent urinating. Urine analysis turned up negative for bacteria. Have a bit of fear of catheters and pain to my penis and am scared of qtip test, or blockage. Do I need surgery? Any chance this will go away on its own? I have a physical scheduled for next Tuesday.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Chandan Choudhary 8 hours later

Usually retention of urine is either because of some obstruction in urinary tract or neurogenic problems.

It seems that you have overflow incontinence.

As of now it is better if you quit marijuana/smoking.

Also please get your ultrasound of kidney urinary bladder/prostate/residual volume done.

Also send me your uroflowmetry report.Surgery has to be decided upon the reports from your investigations and also it won't go away without medication.

Hope i have answered your query.

Get back to me with your reports.