Feeling pressure and pain in foo and thigh. Took Nurofen. What should I do?

Dec 2012

Last night I could hardly walk upstairs as I put my right foot down the pressure was painful in the front of my thigh and perhaps hip area. I am a very active person and never rarely have pain. I have been crown green bowling Tues, Wed Thurs but I do that all the time. The pain is front and left of the top part of my leg. I live on my own so being active for me is vital. I took Nurofen last night and slept well not much pain lying or sitting down only walking and turning round and mainly up and down stairs when putting pressure on my right foot. Just would like to know what I should to or not do to make it better.
Posted Mon, 15 Jul 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later
Hello XXXXX,

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

I am pleased to be able to assist you with your health query,

You are likely suffering from a wear and tear injury of one of your thigh muscles which probably occurred due to aging. It will be best if you considered seeing an orthopedic specialist despite relief so that the actual extend of the injury can be established and perhaps the most cost effective treatment established for you.
At your level, you can try ice pack, antiinflammatory pommade for muscle massage and continue taking nurofen so long as the pain is there. Then find sometime to visit a doctor as you might be dealing with a ruptured ligament which will require surgical intervention.

Hope this helps and wish you the best. Let me know if you have any further questions.
Dr. Nsah