Feeling pain while passing motion. Not cured by lactihep syrup. How to get cured?

Hi Dr Good Morning,
For the past two days, I am having problem in ash hole, as it is very painful while passing motion and have got the general phsysician advise to have the lactihep syrup, but still I am having the problem.....can you please diagnose it..why it is so
Posted Sat, 27 Oct 2012 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini, Gastroenterologist and I am pleased to answer your question.

You are having symptoms of fissure in ano. This occurs if you are constipated.

Eat high fiber diet and drink plenty of fluids.

You may require fiber supplements to ease your bowel movements. You may also require medications that will relax your anal sphincter.

Consult a gastroenterologist or a surgeon in your locality for confirmation of diagnosis and for prescription of fiber supplements and medication to relax your anal sphincter.He may also tell you to do something called sitz bath which would be very useful for the relief of symptoms.

I hope that answers your question.

If you have no more questions, kindly accept the answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini