Feeling pain on heel, not able to stand properly. Not cured by medication. Is it related to food intake?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
For last 3 to 4 months, I have been feeling pain at my both heels and back of the heels. Can not stand properly (painful) after bed and after a rest. I consulted an orthopaedist. He checked Uric acid - normal. Took x-ray of both heels and reported bone enlarged at the back of both heels, not bottom. and asked to use warm water with salt for 5 minutes and immediately after that cold water for 5 mins and after that use a cream at night before bed.I followed for nearly now 10 days; but no improvement yet. I do 10 mins free hand exercise in the morning and walk 3-4 kilo every day for 5 days a week. Is it related to any food intake?
Posted Sun, 25 Nov 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 48 minutes later

It is not related to any food intake.

According to your description, it is calcanium spur.

The first step in the treatment of a heel spur is short-term rest and inflammation control.

The first treatment step is avoiding activities that aggravate symptoms.

Continue using contrast bath.

Use shoes open at back.

Massage with ice. Icing is especially helpful after an acute exacerbation of symptoms.

Some simple exercises performed in the morning and evening, often help you feel better quickly.

Anti-inflammatory medications help control pain and decrease inflammation.

It may require surgical removal if it is very large and if the symptoms do not reduce with medicines. Avoidance of wearing high heels.

Let me know if you have any more concerns.