Feeling pain in the index finger. Poke with a foreign body. Took tetanus injection. Taking Cifran. Advise?

Sometimes back I got my random blood sugar tested by a hospital attendant. I used to feel pain in that area (index finger) for quite sometime. I thought it might be some minute glass piece or some foreign body got inside and using a pin pricked that hole and removed a drop of blood in order to remove the foreign body. But from that day the finger started bleeding now and then. When I contacted the office doctor he suspected the pin / needle used would have contained some foreign body and as advised by him I took one Titanus Injection and now taking Cifran 500mg twice a day. But still the blood flow has not completely stopped. Suddenly it starts and continues for while. Though the total qty of blood loss is not high, my question is why it do not heal. Normally when a blood is taken for testing random sugar within few minutes there is no trace of the puncture made. Kindly advise the remedy.
Posted Sun, 29 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need blood tests for evaluation

Detailed Answer:

Usually the blood clots and forma a plug at the puncture site to prevent any further blood loss. If there is frequent seepage of blood from the puncture wound it means that there is problem in the clotting mechanism.

I suggest you to get evaluated for such blood dyscrasis. I recommend you to get tests like PT(prothrombin time), APTT(activated partial thromboplastin time), INR, Platelet count( International Normalized Ratio) which will identify any blood clotting defects.

Its good that you have taken Tetnus shot and are on antibiotic course, do continue the same.

Hope, I answered your query.