Feeling pain in shoulder and on chest. Had tested for ECG, treadmill. Given tablets for gas trouble. Advise?

I am feeling pain in my left shoulder, some time around it and near on Chest... couple of years back I had tested for EGC, Threadmill test etc, later Doctor says Gas trouble and given tablets.. But last few month I feel pain on in & aorund left shoulder .. Also I feel hard around the chest while keeping my mobile with Data access ( 3G) enable on my Pocket .. Please advice
Posted Wed, 10 Jul 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 1 hour later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Your symptoms do not suggest CAD – pain from the heart is oppressing, in central chest (and left), worse on effort, relieved by rest, may radiate to shoulders and arms, associated with sweating and so on.

A thorough history and physical examination is the first step... ECG (Electrocardiogram / EKG) – Routine 12-lead – is part of clinical examination. If normal, it is better to repeat Treadmill Exercise Electrocardiogram (TMT / Stress EKG) – preferably with thallium isotope...

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Follow-up: Feeling pain in shoulder and on chest. Had tested for ECG, treadmill. Given tablets for gas trouble. Advise? 9 minutes later
Thanks Doctor,

can you suggest me ,the best Hospital in Puducherry to carry out this testing and diagonise.. thanks ..
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 36 minutes later

I have no specific information on Puducherry..
A postgraduate teaching institution (Medical College Hospital) will be a good place in any city / they will have scientific approach...
JIPMER may be ideal...