Feeling pain in lower part of body especially limbs and hips, increasing during bed time. Cause?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Feeling pain in hole lower part of body specially limbs ad hips.
Facing this problem from last 2 years with regular interval. this pain increased during bed time.
Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to mechanical back pain complex.

Detailed Answer:
According to the clinical history provided the pain in the lower back and hips could be part of a mechanical back pain complex of symptoms. This mechanical back pain is caused due to bad posture at work, long work-hours in particular position, lack of proper sleep or healthy diet as well. It can also happen due to a disc prolapse, Vitamin D deficiency or a muscular strain also.

I suggest you to try back strengthening exercises by extension of the back muscles which can be taught by your Orthopedician or Physiotherapist. This will help to relieve the possible muscle spasm which causes the pain. One must also rule out inflammatory disorders, for which I recommend you to get a X-ray of your spine after consulting with an Orthopedician. MRI can be taken in case you have any nerve compression symptoms or as deemed necessary by your Orthopedician.

After a thorough physical examination by your Orthopedician, you may be prescribed pain killers and/or muscle relaxants which should give you relief. Physiotherapy may also be advised if necessary. I would suggest you to try swimming as this will help most in back conditions.

Avoid weight bearing exercises. Do only mild aerobics which does not put your back to strain. You can discuss about this with your Gym instructor.

Eat a diet XXXXXXX in fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables, nuts, milk, eggs, pulses and cereals. Drink 1-2 litres of water daily. Do brisk walking exercise for 40 minutes daily. Get 6-8 hours of refreshing sleep daily.

Kindly follow up with me about your progress.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.