Feeling pain in knee while folding legs. Am I having cartilage problem?

I feel pain in my knees when I sit folding my legs, I just want to know, if it means any cartilage problem or is it because I was sitting with folded legs.
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 33 minutes later
Thanks for using the XXXXXXX I am happy to address your questions, having your knee bent causes the nerve to be pinched thus resulting in that pain. Same thing can happen to your elbow, or your wrist, when they are bent for long periods of time. However, it would be better to get yourself examined from your clinician to evaluate any other causes like ligament tear, arthritis, arterial disorders etc. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. Thanks