Feeling pain in knee after running. Had arthroscopy done. Is it meniscus tear or artheritis?

I am 33 yrs old. I used to play lawn tennis, football occasionally. Two years back I started feeling pain in left leg knee after 10-15 minutes of running. Afterward i stopped sports and running exercises as I started limping after few minutes. The pain was never unbearable but it was little painful in bending the leg. I had arthroscopy done but Doctors didn’t find anything. I went for physiotherapy for 2 months, now I can walk 500 meters without pain but I still can't sit on my knees. Is it meniscus tear or artheritis?What should I do??
Posted Thu, 19 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 9 minutes later

At times minor trauma may be unnoticed at that time, can lead to some XXXXXXX injury in joint and such kind of problem.

Of all the joints of the body, knee is a very complex joint. Looking to your age arthritis seems to be very unlikely. This can happen early in those who are quiet over weight, have bad working style and are in active.

Primarily I feel that you should go for MRI of knee joint. Arthroscopy is already done still I will prefer that you go for MRI.Any meniscus tear or ligament tear can lead to this kind of pain.

Please get in touch with a orthopaedic or knee surgeon who can help you with this.

In general please do following which should help.

1. Watch your weight. Make sure you do not become over weight.
2. Maintain active life style.
3. Do not sit on floor or do squatting.
4. Do not do any exercise which causes pain. Stop before you have pain.
5. Take good nourishing diet like milk and milk products.

I hope MRI will give a definitely clue to the problem.

I hope this helps.

Please feel free to write again if you have some more queries, in case you do not have more queries please accept the answer.