Feeling pain in foot after stepping on dog bone. No swelling or discoloration. What to do?

I stepped on a dog bone about 3 days ago and I have pain behind the ball of my foot when walking.
There is nothing that I can see, no swelling or discoloration
Pain level is about a 6 out of 10 - 10 being highest.
I want to say it feels like a mass under the skin.
Cannot see any splinters
I am a male age 70.
I have selected one question to a General Physician because I did not see a podiatrist listed as a specialist and would upgrade if you think it is necessary
Posted Fri, 21 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 28 minutes later
Hi !

Thank you for your query.

Well looking into your problems I think that stepping on the dog bone has led to injury to the muscles leading to a formation of small hematoma that is resolving now . You can be feeling that as a mass due to accompanying swelling . But nothing can be said with surity until imaging is done .

I advise you to consult an orthopaedician for the same . He can examine the foot and advise an x XXXXXXX to look for possibilty of any hair line fractures if required . Second thing is that since you are on aspirin possibilty of bleeding following injury leading to hematoma exists . You must see the doctor as early as possible . Till then you can take paracetamol for pain relief after asking from your doctor .

Hope you are satisfied with the answer.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Shruti