Feeling pain in chest, breathing and temperatures are normal. Underlying cause?

I am feeling pain on the right hand side of my chest. I had a cold shower some 4 hours ago. My breathing and temperature are normal. My email address is YYYY@YYYY
ECG and Blood test reports dated October 2012 have now been uploaded
Posted Fri, 21 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nirmala P 2 hours later
Thanks for asking in Healthcare Magic.

Your reports are excellent and within normal limits. Since the pain is neither aggravated by breathing nor accompanied by cough, difficulty in breathing and fever we can rule out lung problems for the time being.

The most common cause would be myalgia (muscle pain) or costochondritis. In case of myalgia, the pain will be more when you press upon that particular area. Costochondritis is inflammation of rib joints and you will experience pain when you press the rib joints.

Both conditions are self resolving. But if pain is severe, you can try some analgesic and anti inflammatory drug like Ibuprofen along with anti ulcer drug like Rabeprazole to reduce the acidity that can occur due to Ibuprofen.

Sometimes, the pain due to gall bladder, inflammation of liver or even anginal pain (the ECG report is taken 8 months back) can be referred to right side chest area. Considering your age, if the pain does not reduce within 12 hours after taking the analgesic Ibuprofen, you should consult your physician to rule out other possibilities.

I hope this helps. Please address to me if you have any further concerns.