Feeling pain in back while breathing. Looking for proper diagnosis

Hello. I have been having breathing issues. I breathe normal enough. But when I yawn or take a big breathe I sometimes can't complete it. This has been happening for 2-3 weeks. Also when if I lay on my side, laying on my left side where heart is at, if I try tbreathe XXXXXXX or yawn, I feel pain in my back. I thought it was a flake so I tried 2 more times and there is pain there for sure. I'm going to schedule an appointment with a lung specialist, however I wanted your professional opinion. Also I should note that I've been to the ER twice and they say that I'm breathing at 100%. Left chest area/ under armpit area has pinching feeling but no lumps or clots or pain. Just pinching.
They did say that my heart needed more oxygen. I hope you can help doc.
Posted Thu, 20 Dec 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 23 hours later

It appears that you are over anxious about your health. Your symptoms do`nt seem to fit in any disease complex. However before we say that there is nothing wrong with you, i would suggest thst you at least get a routine blood test like Hb, TLC, DLC, ESR and AEC done. Also get a chest x XXXXXXX ECG and PFT done to rule out any major heart and lung problem.Your chest pain appears to be muscular in nature or some time a small peripheral nerve may be getting irritated, which is not a cause for concern. It`s good that you have schedueled an appointment with a pulmonologist who will examine you in detail and guide you accordingly.