Feeling pain and uncomfortable on testicle. What is causing this and cure?

I am a generally healthy male 64. I have larger than normal prostate but no serious symptoms. Cancer needle biopsy and MRI are negative and periodical PSA is about 5. One week ago, I stopped in the middle of ejaculation. A day later, I felt uneasiness on the left testicle. Now, I have a dull pain and uncomfortable feeling on the backside of left testicle and also pressure on perineum when I am sitting. And the whole area seems warmer than usual. I have been ejaculating a few times a week since I heard that it helps to prevent prostate cancer. I wonder if the sudden stop of ejaculation may have caused damage or inflammation to spermatic duct or other damages to the surrounding areas. I very much appreciate your advice and guidance. Thank you. XXXXXXX.
Posted Thu, 13 Dec 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

I would like to know some more details on your problem to understand better and opine specifically.

When did you undergo the biopsy test?
After how long did you start experiencing the symptoms since you had an improper ejaculation?
Do you have fever?
Are the testicles tender to touch?
Are you on any medications?

Waiting for your reply,

Follow-up: Feeling pain and uncomfortable on testicle. What is causing this and cure? 1 hour later
Thank you for the follow up. I had the needle biopsy in August 2010. And MRI in March 2012 since PSA went up from 4.9 to 6.7. But it came down to 5.0 in July 2012. My next PSA test is on November 30 next week. My doctor doesn't know about the current incident at this time. The improper ejaculation was on November 16, a week ago. The left testicle is a bit tender in a sence that when I squeeze it, the lack side hurts. I believe that is where the spermatic duct is. And also I feel dull pain constantly now on the same area of the left testicle. It is not strong but uncomfortable. No problem on the right testicle. I am not on any medication but I take saw palmetto once a day since 2 years ago. The urination speed is slower than when I was young but it is not difficult and I feel no pain during urination.
Thank you for your attention and advice. XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

Thanks for the information.

The pain in the testicles you have could be due to entrapment of testicular secretions in the ducts and/or in the epididymis.Such conditions can happen when there is spasm or obstruction in the vas deference or the prostatic urethra not letting the semen to travel out and cause improper ejaculation.

Decreased urination speed could also be a secondary effect if the spasm/obstruction is in the prostatic urethra.

Spasms usually present with pain or rarely can present as discomfort in the perineum.Such spasms are simple and get relived on own within few days,Masturbation can aid the recovery.If persistent for more than a week or two then it could due to obstruction caused by prostate edema ,blood clot etc

I suggest you to get examined by your treating doctor if the discomfort does not wane off within a week from now.He may examine you and identify the exact cause for the same.

Hope I answered your query.Let me know if there are any other concerns.

Follow-up: Feeling pain and uncomfortable on testicle. What is causing this and cure? 3 hours later
Thank you for the helpful diagnosis. May I ask one point I left out, that is, on the possibility of prostatitis and also if I do have a prostatitis, how would you look at the situation. Thank you for everything. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 19 hours later

I do suspect the prostatic edema ( which I considered to be probable cause) can be due to mild prostatitis. Prostatitis is more common in one with Prostate hypertrophy and history of invasive procedures to the gland.

Physical examination would be a better way to rule out prostatitis.

Wish you good health.