Feeling pain and movable lump below breast when pressure is applied. Have IBS. Any cure?

I have pain when pressure is applied and can feel small moveable lump approx 3cm below my left inner breast. Incidentally have just had bout of IBS but am ok again now.
Thank you
Posted Sun, 19 Aug 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 53 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided.
It will great if you mention the consistency (soft/hard/rubbery), whether it is painful or painless.
Most likely you are feeling normal fibrous breast tissue. Breast tissue is normally quite lumpy. Some women have more lumps than others. Characteristics of normal lumps are a rubbery feeling (as opposed to hard) and mobile.
Fibroadenoma is the most common benign tumor of the breast that presents as Lumps may be easily movable under the skin, firm, painless, rubbery, they have smooth, well-defined borders. Fibroadenomas often get smaller after menopause. But most commonly seen in women under age 30.
Self breast exams are always recommended. This way you become familiar with your breast tissue and the lumps you have so you can recognize if one is getting bigger or if a new, more concerning lump develops.
As you have noticed it, i advice you to see surgeon for examination and also if he advices go for breast ultrasound and or mammogram.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.
Follow-up: Feeling pain and movable lump below breast when pressure is applied. Have IBS. Any cure? 5 minutes later
Painful when pressed. Lump is rubbery but not in breast tissue. In upper left abdo 3/4 Cms below left inner breast.
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 12 hours later
Good to hear from you.
I thought it is in the breast tissue. It would be nice if you mention the duration of that lump.
It might be lipoma which is a growth of fat cells in a thin, fibrous capsule usually found just below the skin. Lipomas are found most often on the torso, neck, upper thighs, upper arms, and armpits, but they can occur almost anywhere in the body. Slight tenderness following pressure will be present.
Lipomas do not generally require treatment. Because lipomas are not cancerous growths and cannot become cancerous, they do not need to be removed.
Removal can be considered when it becomes painful, becomes infected or inflamed repeatedly, drains foul-smelling discharge, interferes with movement or function, increases in size, becomes unsightly or bothersome.
I advice you to consult surgeon for thorough examination and for exact diagnosis.
Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health.