Feeling pain and cold in arm pit and back shoulder. How to treat it?

Oncologist
Question
hi doctor, i just feel pain in left arm bicept (top of my arm) and goes to my arm pit and back shoulder. Hand and feet was a bit cold also. My left leg and front shoulder are bit sore too. Can you explain why and how to treat?

I had sinus surgery last year, have gastritis, occasionally shoulder and back pain.
Posted Sun, 25 Nov 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Jawahar Ticku 3 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Thanks for sharing your concern with us.
Since pain can be due to several causes, I would be glad if you could answer the following questions so that I am able to help you better:
1. Is the pain continuous or episodic?
2. Does the pain increase on exertion and is it associated with sweating?
3. Does the pain increase when you do shoulder movement?
4. Is it painful when you you deeply press the area with your fingers?
5. Is the area red and hot compared to the other side?
6. Is there any tingling or difficulty in lifting the arm or doing other things?
Once I have these answers, I will be able to take this discussion forward in a more specific manner.
Truly,
Dr. J. Ticku

Follow-up: Feeling pain and cold in arm pit and back shoulder. How to treat it? 12 hours later
Hi Dr XXXXXXX

Please find the answer below,
1. The pain is episodic
2. Kind of, its not associated with sweating
3. Yes, when sitting i feel pain left back top shoulder.
4. Yes
5. Nope
6. Its ok to lift arm only bit pain at the back, my arm feel.sore.

At the moment, my left leg is sore also. Hopefully these will help.
Sorry, forgot to mention my left arm pit muscle feel tight.

Thanks,
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Jawahar Ticku 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,

Thanks for giving me the details.

Your symptoms suggest the pain mainly because of a muscular reason. I can safely rule out any cardiac or heart ailments here.

There is a possibility of Cervical Spondylosis in you causing the pain and the other related symptoms.

In my suggestion, you may consider getting an X-ray of the cervical spine region and the shoulder joint to rule out the orthopedic cause. However, I would request to get an ECG (Electrocardiogram) done to make sure that all is fine with your heart.

Please do consult an orthopedician about this and proceed further. Meanwhile, continue your regular medications.

I hope this helps you. Do let me know if you have more concerns.