Feeling pain and burning sensation in pubic area. Noticed lump under skin. What is causing this and cure?

I've been feeling aches in my pelvic area. Sometimes it is on the left side near where my pelvis meets my legs. But other times I feel more of a sting or burning sensation right in the middle of my belly right above my pubic area. If I press there I feel a knot or lump under the tissue. I started menopause early and I don't take hormones so I don't have a period anymore. I've been to the doctor and it is not a UTI and I have had a vaginal ultrasound and even the CA-125 test which both were normal. I didn't notice the knot/lump until after I had gone to the GYN. Not sure if I should go back, or if that is something that is normal to feel in that area. I also don't think I am constipated. This has been going on for a few months now. Just to be safe I started taking Miralax, just to see if it made any difference in the pain I was feeling on the left side. I started taking it 3 days ago and haven't noticed much difference. Although, like I said, I don't think I am constipated. I had a recent physical and blood work done and that was all normal. I am not sexually active and haven't been since I was last tested for STD's. Should I go back to my GYN about the knot/lump I feel? It is above my pubic area at the lower part of my belly. It seems like if I press on it that it aggravates it.
Posted Wed, 28 Nov 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
The small palpable lump under the tissue above your pubis is not likely to cause the pain you are having. Such small lump is most commonly a benign collection of fat cells like lipoma.
The burning sensation that you are having is more likely to be due to a nerve related issue and mostly subsides on taking methylcobalamin supplements.
You can consult an orthopedician for a proper examination and investigations to rule out any nerve root compression at the level of your spinal cord.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.