Ask a Urologist   »  

Feeling pain after circumcision. How to reduce the pain?

hi i was just circumcised yesterday and feeling very painfull on glans can u please suggest me how 2 reduce this pain i saw my glans after my birth after surgery, i beg u please help me and food 2 feed for faster recovery
Posted Thu, 18 Oct 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later

Thanks for your query to XXXXXXX
1. Keep the area clean and healthy.
2. Dressing as advised by your doctor.
3. Pain killers and antibiotics as advised by your doctor.
4. Diet XXXXXX in XXXXXX leafy vegetables.
5. You can also apply antibiotic cream if the area is open.

Add B complex and vitamin c to your medicines.
You will be ok in a day or two, nothing much to worry.

Follow-up: Feeling pain after circumcision. How to reduce the pain? 19 hours later
Good Morning Sir,

Yesterday i went for dressing and the doctor told me no need to come for dressing from tomorrow on wards and he did not told me how 2 keep the area clean sir, please suggest me sir and the area and the glans were really painfull when it comes contact with even a small piece of cloth
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 17 minutes later

Welcome back.
Take daily showers if there is no dressing and that's the best way to keep it clean.
After showers, kindly apply the antiseptic/antibiotic ointment.
Get a few gauze pieces from a nearby hosp or pharmacy to keep the suture line and the penile head covered - to prevent the underwear from directly irritating the part.
Since the penile head is XXXXXX is nerves, you have the funny feel when the dress touched that part.
Use underwear as usual.
Do this procedure for about three weeks and you should be alright.
Follow-up: Feeling pain after circumcision. How to reduce the pain? 26 hours later
hi good morning sir i was getting white pus on the wound what to do sir, i went 2 doctor yesterday and he suggested me 2 use Betadine(Providone iodine solution ip) as i was feeling itching at the stitching area should i pour this solution on my wound along with on penis head sir please suggest me sir
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 40 minutes later

Welcome back.
If there is pus, pls report back to your surgeon.
He has the responsibility to examine your wound and do the needful.
You may need regular dressing if the wound is infected.
Further suggestions are based on the result of the check up.