Feeling on and off tingling in knees, legs and head and chest hurts. Suggest some effective treatment?

Question
for the last couple of days my legs have been tingly on and off all the way up to my knee. my arms feel heavy and sometimes my chest hurts and my head feels tingly as well.
Posted Tue, 4 Sep 2012 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 31 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing in.

I would suggest you visit your physician and get a couple of blood tests done like Vitamin B12 levels, thyroid function test, serum electrolytes,calcium level,blood sugar levels, Hemoglobin etc . Any abnormalities in any one of the above mentioned investigations could result in the symptoms you are currently experiencing.

The doctor might also do a complete physical examination including a neurological examination and a Blood pressure recording to rule out other causes of tingling sensation.

Hope I have answered your question. I would be happy to answer any further queries you might have.

In case you don't have any further queries, kindly accept my answer. Any reviews are welcome.

Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan

Follow-up: Feeling on and off tingling in knees, legs and head and chest hurts. Suggest some effective treatment? 8 minutes later
So you dont think this is anything that i need to take urgent care of? I will be ok to scheduele an appointment and wait a couple days? Just as long its not something you think i should go to the ER over or anything like that.

Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 1 hour later
I wouldn't want you to wait a couple of days. Since your chest hurt as well as arms feel heavy, I would also like to rule out a cardiac problem. The sooner you visit the doctor the better.

Follow-up: Feeling on and off tingling in knees, legs and head and chest hurts. Suggest some effective treatment? 6 minutes later
So i can wait until morning then?

Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 22 minutes later
If the chest pain and sensation of heavy arms started today, I would advise you to visit the doctor immediately.

However, if all these symptoms have been there since the past couple of days, I would say,you can wait till tomorrow morning to visit the doctor.

At any point in time if the symptoms worsen or deteriorate, please visit the doctor immediately.

Hope this helps.