Feeling of warm sensation after eating at the lower side including back. Underlying cause?

For the past few months, I have felt a warm sensation around my lower right side, sometimes includes my lower back, not annoying, but I know it's happening especially after I eat. There's no pain. I have not eaten chicken, beef, XXXXXXX or pork since 1993. I eat salmon, tilapia, no shellfish, raw and slightly cooked vegetables. I drink about 16-32 oz of water. I do not exercise. I have a glass of white wine or beer 4 times a week. Please let me know what tests, if any, I should request to my doctor. Thank you.
Posted Thu, 27 Jun 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sandhya Manorenj 19 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

The symptoms you described are not typical of a serious organic medical conditions. However I suggest 3 tests -
1. Vitamin b12 assay (to rule out its deficiency which can produce similar complaints),
2. MRI dorso lumbar spine (to rule out patch cord involvement) and
3. lower limb (for ruling peripheral neuropathy)

Based on the results of the tests, the next line of treatment can be determined and that should take care of your problems. It might be worthwhile to consult a neurologist and plan the aforementioned tests.

Hope this will help you. If you require additional information please get back.

Dr Sandhya manorenj

Follow-up: Feeling of warm sensation after eating at the lower side including back. Underlying cause? 2 hours later
Thank you Dr. XXXXXXX Manorenj for your prompt response. I am relieved. I was hoping the sensation wasn't an inflammation of my appendix or pancreas. I have an appointment with my general practitioner on XXXXXXX 13 and will discuss my concerns. Thanks again.
Answered by Dr. Sandhya Manorenj 6 hours later
Yes, it is unlikely to be inflammation of appendix or pancreas , as in such case you will have abdominal pain especially upper abdomen in case of pancreatitis ( inflammation of pancreas) and R) lower abdomen pain in case of appendicitis with nausea and vomiting after food and pain radiates to back.

Get well soon

I apologize for the delay in response.