Feeling of pinching in heart. Not painful. What could be the reason?

Hi,I'm 34 years old Male 5'7 in height 70kg in weight, my breathing is okay I don't feel any pain on my chest. i started to feel a light pinch in my heart since last week until now, though it's not painful or anything. I just want to know what causes it. I haven't been to my GP yet.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Feeling of a slight pinch in the heart without any chest pain even on exertion or any shortness of breath or fainting or palpitation might just be a normal physiological variation. It can also happen due to minor chest infection or viral pleuritis, gastro esophageal reflux or muscular pain.
In your case, if it was a single episode and has not recurred again, then there is no need to be worried. In case if the symptoms are recurrent, the cause needs to be identified. Then it is advisable to rule out any organic causes like hypertension, irregularities of cardiac rhythm, cardiac ischaemia or angina, etc after investigations like EKG, echocardiography, etc under the guidance of your primary physician.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Feeling of pinching in heart. Not painful. What could be the reason? 2 hours later
The light punch is circulation around my heart, though it will only last for a few seconds
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for writing again.
If the sensation is recurrent and it is like a gripping sensation then it might be suggestive of intermittent angina. Thorough investigations are required to identify the cause.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.