Feeling of passing stools after sleeping on back. Discomfort in the bone at the bottom. Help?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
Hi I'm 32 yrs male.whenever I'm sleeping on my back immediately after some time I'm getting stools. This is because of the pressure on the bone at the start of my ass crack. Even after sitting for sometime on my base I'm getting the same problem. And also after riding my bike for sometime.whenever I sit,sleep on my back or ride my bike I'm feeling inconvenience with that bone. Everytime I had to go for shit.my feeling is day by day this problem is becoming severe. Because of this I'm not able to sleep facing the roof for long time.I should have to sleep sideways only. Please advise in this regard
Posted Wed, 10 Jul 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 28 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing in

The information you have provided is suggestive of either fissure in ano or a Pilonidal sinus

Pass on some information to help me guide you better :

Are you constipated ?

Is there history of indigestion ?

What is your job profile ?

Are you used to smoking and / or alcohol ?

Is there any discharge on the undergarments ?

Get back to me with this information and I will try to help you out ?

Follow-up: Feeling of passing stools after sleeping on back. Discomfort in the bone at the bottom. Help? 6 hours later
Sir,
1) as far as I feel I don't have such problem. Even if I have I can rate it at 2 or 3 out of 10 in terms of severity. About constipation I got to know from web. If you explain the symptoms of it I can answer you again
2) yes, I have indigestion prob to some extent. This might be because of my diet(usually we eat outside food 3,4 days a week),timings(we do dinner at around 11 at night)
3)I'm a software engineer. I need to sit for hours at the same time I have a flexibility to roam and relax for some time as a part of my job. Even after Ofc hours,at home I used to sit in the same posture for 3,4 hours. I sleep at around 3 in the night and would wake up at 8.30 in the morning. Because of this continuous sitting only now I'm feeling uncomfortable at that particular bone and frequent shitting. If I sit for some time I wud have to go for shit.Now Im trying to change my habits.sleeping early etc.,
4) I do smoke 1 cigarette per day and I take alcohol once a month
5) as of now there is no discharge of stool in my undergarments. But whenever I sit and getup from ground or bend I observe very small amount of urine
Thanks in advance

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 13 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for your inputs, any way your information is inconclusive, yet with the limited data that I have in hand I would suggest :

1] Take plenty of fluids orally

2] Take a break of five ten minutes every hour and move about

3] Take a good probiotic twice a day for two weeks

4] When at home use cotton and loose clothes

5] If possible download an image from the web and point at the place where it pains

If the pain is just 2-3 out of 10 reassure yourself

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of concern

Follow-up: Feeling of passing stools after sleeping on back. Discomfort in the bone at the bottom. Help? 2 days later
Dear sir, actually my main problem is neither indigestion nor diarrhea. I'll try to explain with a pic I made.generally when we sit our weight,pressure will fall directly on butts(on areas I marked a tick). When I work on my laptop late nights I used to bend a litt backwards.then in that case pressure will be on the bone at the start of my ass crack. It is just like a bridge between the butts as shown in the pic. That bone is now irritating me. For hrs n hrs I used to work in that same position. Now for about 1-2 months I've been facing thus problem.if I sit for some time or ride my bike immediately I need to go for toilet. Irritation mean some pain at that bone. More than that I could sense bowel movement. Hope now understood my prob. Please analyze and give me a suggestion. Any need to consult orthopedic surgeon.!!!! I'm now uploading the pic

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 4 hours later
Hi

The area you have marked is suggestive of Pilonidal sinus as mentioned in the first reply

Unfortunately we can not correlate the problem of need to go for toilet with it, any way under all situations you need to go for a soft tissue ultrasound of that area along with a transanal ultrasound

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of concern