Feeling of passing out, hand & feet numbness, white spots on throat, craving for sweets, dizziness, fatigue, anxiety, sugar, blood test,cliac -ve, hiatel hernia in endoscopy

I have episodes where I feel like Im going to pass out, numbness in hands and feet, white spots on throat,raw geographic tongue, my eyes swell sometimes, sometimes I feel like I have hypoglecemia, craving sweets, hunger, dizziness, exteme fatigue, brain fog, shaking,"feel drunk" I feel like my muscles are "vibrating". I have had insilun tests are negative, blood tests dont show anything, celiac negative. Been having some symptoms for years and some just started 6 months ago, it is getting worse. now im getting depressed for no reason, anxiety attacks. These episodes have something to do with food. Had endoscopies that show hiatal hernia. They also show inflmation in espophugus and stomache. Im 34, no medical history. They also think I have dumping syndrome.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 34 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

With your background of entirely normal reports, I am happy that most major reasons have been ruled out. Now, the plethora of symptoms described by you seems like sympathetic overfunctioning. Normally, it does so in times of stress and other medical conditions. But, in your case the doctors if suspect Dumping Syndrome, then the first thing in my opinion more than any drug is to get real help with the stress.

You can consider counselling / medications / therapies under guidance of a specialist. Once you are relaxed then you will see the bigger picture and start to ponder over your lifestyle, diet, etc. And then, you will start to take steps to correct them if wrong.

All this would be possible with your effort and with some assistance of a doctor. I suggest you to visit a psychiatrist who can provide the necessary assistance. You are absolutely and medically fit to proceed.

Those inflammations in the tract are temporary and will subside soon. Check on your asthma reports as well. And visit a psychiatrist for now.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla, MBBS, MD
Consultant Physician.
Follow-up: Feeling of passing out, hand & feet numbness, white spots on throat, craving for sweets, dizziness, fatigue, anxiety, sugar, blood test,cliac -ve, hiatel hernia in endoscopy 21 hours later
i have had the inflammtion and burning tongue and on and off for years and everyday for 6 months, I would be happy to think this is just stress, but I am not stressed and essentially have no problems, other than this illness. Im also having joint pain. Sometimes in my episodes my eyes twitch. These episodes usually last for 4 hours. And today my eyes are almost swollen shut. Do food allergies cause nuerological symtoms?
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 3 hours later
Thanks for the reply.

Can you elaborate "neurological symptoms"?

The tongue signs if so, then nutritional deficiencies add to the list especially water soluble vitamins and Riboflavin.

Joint pain, eye twitching are not serious by themselves but would need clinical examination individually. And can be well correlated with the dumping syndrome.

So, even if you feel stress isn't a problem, but your body thinks so, and it does happen this way, hence the medically intriguing dumping syndrome. I cannot conclude any other major clinical conditions to go with your symptoms.

I would suggest you to have faith in your doctor and carry on with their plan.

Food allergies can range anywhere between itching to anaphylaxis.