Feeling of nerve ending discharging, felt like switch turned on in head. Can you explain this?

I am expercing a condition where i feel my nerve endings are discharging. . This started in a flash where I felt like a switch was turn on in my head. Since that time my nerve endings feel like they are discharging. Can you explain this?
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Irregular spontaneous discharge of nerve endings is usually seen in nerve root compression or neuropathies due to diabetes, etc.
These neural symptoms are a challenging thing to treat as careful examination is needed to ascertain the level of nerve involvement. You can take some anti-inflammatory pain killer like acetaminophen till you consult your neurophysician.
A detailed examination and investigations like MRI of spine are entailed.
Try some methylcobalamin supplements for relief in the meanwhile.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.