Feeling of incomplete evacuation after passing bowel movement, headache, bloating, negative colonoscopy

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
Hi this is XXXXXXX here , I have a feel of incomplete evacuation after passing a bowel movement , my stool would be stuck in my rectal area , difficulty to move ... If I urge hard to move it ... I start getting head aches . If not my stomach gets bloated and unable to release the gas . I am not sure if my food is getting digested properly . Have done my colonoscopy which was negative . Conducted sitz XXXXXXX test - negative . Need help
Posted Tue, 10 Jul 2012 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 17 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for posting your query

Your symptoms are suggestive of collitis and non ulcer dyspepsia

I need a little more information about your disease

Do you pass mucus in stool ?
Is there occasional bleeding in stool
Is there fullness of abdomen after taking meals ?
Is there a feeling to defecate some time after taking meals ?
Did you ever get a routine stool examination done ? If yes get back with the reports

Sitz XXXXXXX would be helpful to diagnose a motility disorder

Do get back with this information and I would be in a better position to help you
Wishing you a Good Health

Follow-up: Feeling of incomplete evacuation after passing bowel movement, headache, bloating, negative colonoscopy 2 days later
Yes I do pass mucus in my stool , I feel full after my meals and , I am not sure if there is any blood in my stool ... I have not done a stool test , I stay in us .. I guess it's not FDA approved .. I have completed sitz markers test - it has normal transit time.

Whole day I feel bloated and constipated .. What should I do ?

I stay in XXXXXXX , washington
Follow-up: Feeling of incomplete evacuation after passing bowel movement, headache, bloating, negative colonoscopy 13 minutes later
i have uploaded my blood test on thyriod .. i know you are from gastroentrolgist .. could you still help me with it .. because my tsh level is out of range

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 5 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for your followup query

The information provided is classic of collitis and/or Irritable bowel syndrome

Are you a very anxious personality ?

The symptoms of constipation are secondary to your intestinal disease and has nothing to do with the transit

I have gone through the report panel and the counts also are suggestive of collitis there is increase in lymphocytes with a relative reduction of neutrophils

Regarding the TSH it points to hypothyroidism, do not know if you have any symptoms related to hypothyroidism

For collitis I would suggest you take Ofloxacillin, ornidazole and a good probiotic all twice a day for seven to ten days

Hope this helps
Am available for followup queries
Get well soon

Follow-up: Feeling of incomplete evacuation after passing bowel movement, headache, bloating, negative colonoscopy 16 hours later
Hi Doctor

Thanks for reading my test and giving a path to it..

Peviously you asked me regarding a stool test .. i and my spouse decided to go about it ..

WWW.WWWW.WW

This is the test we are planning to take which is known as : Genova Lab Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis (CDSA) & Parasitology 2.0

It has ADD ONS :Genova or Great Smokies Gastro-Intestinal Test - Add-Ons

WWW.WWWW.WW

these Add Ons have an additional charge , could you let me know which ADD ON could include in that test ??

once you could guide me i will go ahead and take this test...

Apart Doctor , its been really kind of you to help me virtually , just in case you think i could give you a consultation fee and make it more personalised by having a video chat or through phone..

Follow-up: Feeling of incomplete evacuation after passing bowel movement, headache, bloating, negative colonoscopy 7 minutes later
Conti..

Please le me know the same.

And Regarding my Anxitey issues : Yes i do get anxious

Regarding collitis doctor i did read the prescription, but to help you more to understand my health condition , I shall take this Stool Analysis test , so that it could be understood if it were to be IBS and or Collitis.

If you recommend me any other test , please let me know the same.

Thanks and Regards XXXXXXX
Follow-up: Feeling of incomplete evacuation after passing bowel movement, headache, bloating, negative colonoscopy 5 minutes later
Doctor : last Question , Should i go for a CSDA with Parasitology or without.. and why ?

OR if you could recommend the best test which could actually help understand the current health condition.

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 9 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for the followup

And Thanks for the Kind words

You can contact me through XXXXXXX Or my contact details are available on this site, they do allow direct one to one communication

I would be of the opinion you go for a CSDA With Parasitology as most of the times we observe that the collitis is due to amoebiasis

Hope this helps
Do Revert back In case any clarification is needed
Get Well Soon

Follow-up: Feeling of incomplete evacuation after passing bowel movement, headache, bloating, negative colonoscopy 4 days later
Hi Doctor

Well as i am currently taking antibiotics which is not allowing me to take the csda with parasitology test.. could you recommend any other test ??
Stool test is not FDA approved, so i would be taking this test out of network.

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing in.....

Over here we just examine the patient clinically after a positive history and things go right

If it is not practical I would suggest you start the medicine I have suggested earlier

Or if you want to confirm get a simple stool routine and microscopic examination done and that should be OK

Hope this clears your doubts
Do write back in case any clarification is needed
Wishing you a Speedy Recovery