Feeling of hemorrhoid, abdominal pain, discomfort on standing, relieves on passing gas. Reason?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I think I have a very large XXXXXXX hemorrhoid that is making it difficult for me to pass gas. I've had abdominal pains that, at first thought was a bladder infection because I had a lot of pressure in my pelvis post void. Over the next couple do days though the pressure, bloating and discomfort feeling has become more dispersed. Located still in the pelvis area, but now also in the left lower quadrant and even at into the epigastric region. I feel the most discomfort after standing and do get very little relief after passing gas, only for it to return again. But I have to find myself straining just to pass gas. I've taken m.o.m thinking I may need to relieve the occasional constipation, drank water, taken charcoal tablets, and simethicone (which seems to be the best relief). I have no nausea, no fever, bloody stool occasionally (hx of hemorrhoids), and no, I'm a RN, none of us eat very healthy most of the time. Current meds, I take ambien 10mg q hs, adipex (currently not taking), vit E and calcium d.
Posted Tue, 4 Jun 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in

Your history is suggestive of collitis
The hemorrhoid if it is huge enough needs surgery

Avoid junk fermented food
add a probiotic twice a day

If this does not ease your symptoms go for a stool examination and take GI antibiotic according to the report

For upper G I symptoms take a good antacid, if that does not work see a gastroentrologist and add a PPI

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of concern
Wishing you a healthy life ahead