Feeling of excessive size under breast and abdomen. Tender pain on left side of ribcage and fluid retention in feet. Suggest treatment

I have a feeling of 'excesssive size' under my bust and upper abdomen, and my bra (the size that I have always worn) is digging in there. The area feels all soft, squishy and fat! - not a tight, trapped wind feeling at all. My whole torso has increased in size over 3-4 months and my weight has increased by over a stone (although I have been on holiday etc and eaten well). All my clothes are tight, and I seem to have lost all my shape - I just 'slope' from under my bust down to my stomach. I have had a very tender pain on my left side ribcage, under the bust, for about a week, but this may be due to the increased girth whilst sat in the car on a long road trip I have some fluid retention in my feet, not too bad tho, and have developed Plantar fascitis 3 months ago. I was always such a healthy lady (not super-fit, but very 'busy') and feel lethargic and shapeless at present! I am 55 years old. (not pregnant ....I checked!)
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for the query. It happens due to normal ageing process. There is collection of cellulite under the skin and loss of collagen from skin leading it to sag. Tiere are therapies like thermotherapy which can help reduce cellulite and tighten your skin. This will give back your confidence. You need to XXXXXXX a cosmetologist and discuss regarding this. Let me know if you have any doubts. Thank you