Feeling of crawling sensation on feet, thighs, face and arms. Have dry skin. Need help

I have had severe mental anguish over a skin condition for over 10yrs. It is supremely embarrassing. On my skin i get pin pricks some so violent my leg will involuntary kick in the air. It feels like i am being bitten, i also have a crawling sensation feet, thighs, face, arms. My two children also have the same problem and my husband they say they are being pinched and feel crawling as well. the dermatoligist said i had dry skin, that it was definately not scabies. I know its not in my head because the children have it too. This is not a delusion ...Pleease help i am drinking too much and isolating myself .
Posted Sat, 23 Jun 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 5 hours later
I went through your history. All symptoms which you have points to delusional parasitosis. Your children may have developed associated delusion which is possible in 5 to 15 % of those individuals close to patients.
The treatment includes pimocide which is widely used. You may to take it under supervion by psychiatrist. You may take your children also for cosult.
Since your problem is of ten years it may not be infectious
I hope you will recover soon
Have a healthy day
Prasad pvs