Feeling numbness on feet and toes. What should I do?

Jun 2015

Hello Drs, I have a question regarding the numbness. Almost three days ago I felt simple numbness on my left feet at the bottom of my feet, and particularly in my toes is it possible to advise me what do I need ? I am now 37 year old . Thank you, XXXXX
Posted Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: Nervigenic agents + multivitamin & multiminerals Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXX, Thanks for your query. Regarding the symptoms as mentioned in your post, kindly let us know about the following: 1. Any history of injury or trauma to the leg or lower back? 2. Sensation of numbness can be due to neurological damage secondary to Hypertension & Diabetes (known as Hypertensive neuropathy & Diabetic neuropathy respectively). Is there is significant past history of systemic disease like Diabetes, Hypertension, Thyroid disorder, etc. ? 3. Any recent history of Stress, improper nutrition & lack of sleep? 4. Any history of prolonged intake of certain medications? 5. Habit of smoking or alcohol consumption? If your answer to the above mentioned questions is NO, then the symptoms can be attributed to either nerve compression due to inadequate posture or inadequate hydration status & electrolyte imbalance of the body or dietary deficiencies of certain nutrients like Iron, Calcium, Vitamin D, Vitamin B 12, Folic acid, etc. which help in blood formation & nerve conduction. Symptomatic relief can be obtained by intake of nervigenic agents as well as multivitamin & multimineral supplements including iron, calcium & Vit D needs to be added in your diet. If you still find any difficulty, kindly get certain investigations like complete blood count, fresh estimation of blood pressure & blood sugar levels, Thyroid profile & nerve conduction studies to rule out any pathological cause for the symptoms. There is no need to worry, you will be fine. Till then, maintain adequate hydration & proper nutrition status, exercise regularly and avoid stress. Wishing you a Good Health. Please let me know if I need to clarify further. Take care.