Feeling numbness in head after drinking alcohol. What should I do?

Question
I have numbness kind of a dull feeling on the left side of my head. I drank about 6 drinks yesterday. Used to be able to handle that but am getting older, 49. I worked out today tried to get some fresh air, it's still there.
Posted Mon, 14 Jan 2013 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
It is all due to the excessive amount of alcohol consumed.
Whenever a person consumes 4 to 6 units of alcohol,he may get these feelings of headache or numbness on head,thirst,tiredness and weakness etc.
As the age advances,our capacity to metabolize alcohol is reduced resulting in more effect on body with lesser amount of alcohol.
There is nothing to worry at the moment.
Take plenty of water and fresh juices.These symptoms are more due to dehydration and once the hydration and electrolyte balance is restored,you shall be all right.
There is no need to take any specific medicine now.
Make sure that from now on ,you reduce your quantity of alcohol.

Please let me know if there is any additional concern.
Best of luck
Thanks

Follow-up: Feeling numbness in head after drinking alcohol. What should I do? 12 hours later
Thank you very much! I also drove on Sunday and had the window down for a while and it was cold so the cold air was blowing into my left ear and left side of the face and my left ear has been congested so didn't know if that contributed to the problem:)

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello
Yes that might have also contributed to your problem.
Just wait and watch.
I hope these symptoms shall pass over very soon.
Thanks