Feeling numbness and tingling throughout the whole body. What could be causing this?

Neurologist, Surgical
At random times my whole body goes numb like if my foot was asleep and that tingling feelin you get when you wake it up is goin thought my whole body what could be causing this...I also have high blood pressure
Posted Sat, 10 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 58 minutes later
Dear friend,
After reading your history and with history of hypertension I think you should be serious about the problem. You got to get a health check up including examination and few tests done as this could be Transient ischaemic attack or pre stroke.

With the help of your doctor kindly get lipid profile color doppler bilateral carotids, echo heart done along serum calcium and sodium ,potassium including Vitamin B12 and Vitamin D. If all these tests are normal then nothing to worry.

Dr Vineet