Feeling numbness and tingling in feet, arms and hands. Have numbness on face. What is causing this periphereal neuropathy?

Question
I am a healthy, active 45 year old mother of four children (ages 16 to 9.) This summer I started feeling numbness and tingling in my feet, arms and hands, left face and chest area. It originally seemed to be only present at night but now it is noticable (notwithstanding my efforts to ignore it) throughout the day with increasing annoyance and levels. I have seen an excellent neurologist and had an MRI of brain and cervical spine. Some compression of my 5th and 6th discs but that wouldn't explain the numbness of my face and the throughout the body nature of this numbness and tingling. I had the regular bloodwork which showed nothing and did not test positive for lyme. No family history of anything related or significant. The MRI did not show signs of MS lesions. Vitamin B12 levels are normal. Any ideas what is causing this periphereal neuropathy? Is there a chance I should redo the lyme titers? Why are they inconsistent? It even seems like my organs are a little dulled at night. Last night was the worst as my face felt like someone had painted a mask on me. Suggestions welcome. I know it can be hard to figure this out but I am having a great deal of trouble getting through my day, work, tasks. Thank you.
Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Would be interested about Hb, BP and blood sugars

Detailed Answer:

I will immediately record the Hemoglobin, Blood Lipids, Blood pressure, blood sugar and family history of stroke or the above. They are extremely important to figure out risk factors for a complication.

The numbness and tingling of the arms and feet with left chest area can still be explained by disc compression. If it is only about the numbness and tingling on the face (mask on the face)I would not ask to repeat Lyme disease titres unless there is a history of hiking and trekking in the woods in the past. Most labs titres are consistent and there is no point in repeating unless there is a 'very strong' suspicion.

The other possibilities that could be thought about are:
1) Migraine
2) Trigeminal Neuralgia
3) Impending facial palsy
4) Anxiety neurosis

An erudite XXXXXXX Medicine physician can rule them out easily without the need for Neurologist consult. If you have a quick appnt with your Neurologist then you can go ahead with him. Please do not be concerned if your Neurologist is not concerned. These symptoms are bread and butter for them they would easily be able to deal with them.

Hope this throws some light. Please note that the above possibilities should not add anxiety to your existing unless confirmed.