Feeling numbness and pins and needles in arms. How to know if the stent in subclavian is falling?

How do I know if the stent in my subclavian vein is failing? Lately my right arm and hand have been pins and needles and feelings of numbness. I also have an achy feeling around the area where my stent was placed.
Posted Tue, 28 Aug 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later

The symptoms like numbness, tingling etc is called Paraesthesia and occurs when there is superficial nerve damage or weakness.

Such damage to nerve can occur when there is compression to those nerves in the spine or any other bony prominences in the upper limb and also can occur when there is lack of blood supply to the involved limb.

In your case it could be a warning sign of blockade in the stent.

I strongly recommend you to visit the treating surgeon as early as possible to be examined and managed accordingly.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.