Feeling numb & felt like bleeding out into lower abdomen & scrotum after retrograde orgasm. Diagnosed with prostatitis. Have high BP, high WBC

Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here...I had a retrograde orgasm two days ago, 2x since then upon arousal I became cold, numb and felt like I was passing out the second time I felt like I was bleeding out into my lower abdomen and scrotum, I made a compress and and basically shoved everything inside and hyperventilated in order to overcome the blacking out feeling called an ambulance and went to the ER had xrays and a scrotum ultrasound. Subsequently I was diagnosed with prostatitis and given cipro for a month. I have had recent orthopedic surgery (bone spur removal) and a history of (controlled) high BP and history of high WBC's 15-18 thousand. Also I'm obese but have lost over 100 pounds , 37 M, sexually active (long distance relationship) and masturbate 4-5 days a week 1-3 times. What do I need to do or watch for now
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Jagdish 13 hours later
In Retrograde ejaculation, semen flows into bladder instead of exiting through penis. You will still get orgasm but the problem is dry orgasm meaning nothing or very little semen comes out.

It is caused by medication, surgeries on bladder neck and also enlarged prostate. It is also caused by anything that impairs nerves like diabetes and multiple sclerosis. Medications can be factor in your case.

Since it is not harmful and it happened only 2 times, I think you can watch for improvement. You are put on right antibiotics for prostatitis, let it heal as it takes 3 to 4 weeks of time.

Keep me posted if you have further queries.

Dr. Jagdish