Feeling nervousness while doing yoga. Underlying cause?

Jun 2015

I cannot able to do the YOGA properly. Because while doing i feel very nervousness. So lossing the interest
Posted Thu, 23 May 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 1 hour later

YOGA involves 2 basic things:
1. Asanas : for the body
2. Dhyanas (Meditations) : for the mind

If you are feeling nervousness while doing the Asanas, you can start with the Meditations & breathing exercises.
They help in soothing the mind & reduce the feeling of nervousness.

It is always better to start doing the YOGA under the guidance of a YOGA expert who can guide you in doing the Asanas & Meditations properly & also tell about the specific exercises needed by your body to stay healthy.

You might be already aware of the beneficial effects of YOGA on the body & mind.
So, it is my sincere advise to continue with them.
The only thing you need to know is the proper sequence of practicing them.
Once you master it, your nervousness will automatically disappear & you will be able to appreciate the advantages of performing YOGA.

Wishing a good health.
Let me know if I need to clarify further.
Thanks & take care.
Follow-up: Feeling nervousness while doing yoga. Underlying cause? 11 minutes later
Thanks for your advice Dr…. but while doing yoga or any other exercises my body gets shiver, might be due to lack of strength. So in such occasion I am unable to do asanas perfectly.
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 3 hours later

Thanks for your follow up query.

The feeling of lack of strength in the body can be due to:
1. Deficiency of certain nutrients like Iron, Vitamin B 12, Vitamin D, Calcium, etc. which interferes with blood formation & nerve conduction.
2. Decrease in blood sugar levels (Hypoglycemia)
3. Any fluctuation in blood pressure levels such as Hypotension.
4. Hormonal imbalance like Hypo or Hyperthyroidism.
5. Lack of adequate hydration, proper nutrition & good sleep.
6. Even emotional factors like stress/tension can lead to such symptoms.

So, it is advisable to maintain adequate hydration & take a healthy balanced diet along with performing YOGA and other exercises.

Despite these measures, if you experience difficulty, then it will be better to do certain investigations like complete blood count, estimation of blood pressure and blood sugar levels to rule out any systemic cause.

Wishing a good health.

Please let me know if you have any further queries.