Feeling nauseous and have swollen cheek. What could be causing this?

My wife's cheek (the right side) has suddenly swollen up and she feels nauseous. What could be causing this and what should we do?
Posted Mon, 25 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 4 minutes later
Thanks for the query posted .
I would be pleased to answer your query .
Your history indicates that it can be cellulitis which is an infection and inflammation of the cheek . She will need to take an antibiotic and anti acidity medication to treat the swelling and the nausea .
Please do book an appointment with the physician to get the area clinically examined . You should also look out for swelling in the eyelids or difficulty in breathing or swelling in the lips.
Thanks and Take care