Feeling nauseous after bunion surgery. On synthroid for hypothyroidism. Any solution?

Healthy 56 yr old woman till I had a bunion surgery this past May and got extremely nausious (in bed for almost 2 wks) afterward. Med. sensitive but they gave me oxycontin and oxycodone for break-thru pain and an antibiobic which made me sick. Stopped taking after 3 days but have had 4 more stomach "episodes" since then in the past 6 mos. which send me to the ER. Only thing wrong w/me is on Synthroid for hypothyroidism and went off 50 mg Zoloft last Aug after being on for apx. 8 yrs. Any meds seem to set me off as well as 2 high altitude air flights recently. Have had colonoscopy, endoscopy, tested for Celiacs, abdominal sonogram, CATscan said gall bladder ok but noted protrusion/obstruction of pancreatic duct, and just had followup MRCP which said nothing remarkable on gallbladder or pancreas but showing couple "benign" cysts on liver and something noted in right ureter (stone?) which brings me to a urologist next week. Belching, gas, pressure in chest, and during episodes EXTREME nausea feeling like my stomach being squeezed and can actually feel it fluttering. HELP! Never any problems prior to that surgery, maybe just a coincidence?
Posted Thu, 3 Jan 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Charles S Narasi 8 hours later
I don't think you have to worry about withdrawal from
narcotics for pain afetr all these months. You are also off
Zoloft after being on it for eight years. You are on synthroid
for hypothyroidism . I am sure they are monitoring your
thyroid tests to make sure you are not getting excess thyroid.
You look like , you have a whole battery of tests including
endoscopy, ultrasound etc. You have also had a followup
MRCP which reportedly was normal.
I am a little curious about the finding of obstruction of the
pancreatic duct on CT-Scan.
With continued problems of recurrent abdominal pain, I
think you may need one more definitive test. This might
help to establish the diagnosis.
What I recommend is EUS (Endoscopic Ultrasound ) evaluation
of the pancreas and the duct. You do need a specialized center
where this is done and you can do some research with the help
of your gastroenterologist to find out about this.
If you have chronic pancreatitis, you should be diagnosed.
Sometimes, they combine this test along with collecting fluid
from the pancreas to determine if you have this problem.
Benign cysts on the liver , I would not be concerned.
I wish you well.