Feeling nauseated and bloated after drinking alcohol. Am I having gastritis?

I have had very bad bloating for the past four days and have constantly heard my stomach churning. I have been nauseous at times, but have not actually vomited. I am a 21 year old male who works out 5-6 times and week and I am in a high stress environment. About 5-6 days ago, I drank heavily two nights in a row and my symptoms seemed to have developed after these nights. I am by no means a heavy drinker, although there are times when I have over imbibed. I have researched online and it seems as though I have gastritits. Will this go away soon or is it something I will have to deal with for awhile? Also important to note is that one point over the weekend, I chugged a beer to quickly and I felt as though something popped or ruptured in my stomach. Is this possible, or would I be able to notice if something that serious had happened?
Posted Wed, 13 Feb 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 7 hours later

Likely, you are suffering from acute gastritis. It should settle down in few days.

You need to avoid drinking, smoking and avoid excess oily spicy food and coffee.

Maintain a good meal and sleep time.

You can take an over the counter antacid like omeprazole 20 mg twice a day for 10 days along with a prokinetic like domperidone 10 mg thrice a day.

Unlikely your stomach is having a rupture or perforation as it causes severe pain, vomiting, fever and is an emergency.

If you have pain, vomiting, fever or black colored stools (melena) the see a doctor urgently.

Also long term avoid binge drinking and de - stress yourself.

Hope this answers your query.
Do let me know if you have any further queries.
Wish you a speedy recovery.