Feeling nausea with burning sensation in chest and increased heart rate. Proper treatment?

General Surgeon
I am scared age 50 male sudden heart rate increase nausea light not too uncomfortable burning left upper chest above breast
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later

Thank you for the query.

This really sounds like heart ischemia, and such symptoms should not be neglected. Chest pain or upper abdominal pain, radiating to the left arm or jaw, shortness of breath, anxiety feeling, nausea are typical heart problem symptoms.

That is why I kindly ask you to visit ER and have heart ECG and heart enzymes performed.

It is also possible that your symptoms are due to acid reflux disease, however heart problems should be ruled out at first.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.