Feeling nausea, pain behind eye and pressure in temple. Aneurysm or brain tumor?

pain behind eye with temple pressure for about a month I've been having a sharp pain behind my right eye with lots of pressure on my temple area. i get really nauseas and have even vomited due to the pain. should i be worried about an aneurysm or Brain tumor?
Posted Mon, 14 Jan 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 34 minutes later

Though aneurysm or brain tumor can present like this, but these are comparitively less common causes.Common causes presenting like this are migraine,raised blood pressure, raised intracranial pressure,venous thrombosis,acid peptic disease, stress, sinusitis etc.In most cases one this cause is reason for such symptoms.

So ideally this needs a clinical evaluation and MRI to know underlying cause of your symptoms.

So please see your doctor and get a MRI done.

Hope this answers your question.Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.
Follow-up: Feeling nausea, pain behind eye and pressure in temple. Aneurysm or brain tumor? 4 days later
ok. so i went to my doctor. had a cat scan done and also bloodwork. they said my bloodwork was fine and the cat scan results were fine also. but i am still having this headache right behind my right eye. my blood pressure was high at my doctors visit but they didn't give me anything for it
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 11 minutes later

Thanks for the follow up question.

Normal cat scan is good news.That rules out tumor or aneurysm.

High blood pressure is quiet common cause of headache and migraine.Your symptoms are likely due to raised blood pressure.

I would suggest to get BP checked at few more occasion in this week.Generally doctors don't put you on hypertension medications immediately on first visit, they want to make sure that your BP is persistently raised.

Once the you are on hypertension medication this symptoms should resolve.

Hope this answers your question.Regards.
Follow-up: Feeling nausea, pain behind eye and pressure in temple. Aneurysm or brain tumor? 42 hours later
thank you. my bp has been on the high side. i have been checking it. i will see my doctor this Thursday for it. i have tried norco and ibuprofen for the pain and after the medicine wears off i still feel pain. and its the same constant pain behind my eye. so since the cat scan results are normal then there shouldn't be any any serious things going on then? thank you so much for your help
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 2 hours later

I guess once BP settles down your symptoms will resolve.Since the painkillers are not able to resolve underlying cause, pain will return once effect of medicines wear off.

I guess effective treatment of high BP would relieve your symptoms.

And yes, since CT scan is normal there should not be any thing serious like tumor or aneurysm.

Hope this answers your question.