Feeling nausea, headache after spreading malation in house. Does anything counteract this chemical?

I sprayed malation 3 days ago all around exterior of my house and my wife and I are still sick. Nausea,headaches,ECt. What can I dilute or spray to neutralize the odor around my house?also the odors are inside now. We can't even sleep I'n the house? Help!How long will this last?will water,rain dilute? I guess I'm sensitive to chemicals ,others said they smell a slight odor but say they have no effect on them. Does anything counteract this chemical?
Posted Thu, 23 Aug 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for the query.
Malathion is an pesticide and because pesticide products are inherently toxic, no pesticide exposure is risk free. The likelihood of experiencing adverse health effects from exposure to any pesticide, including malathion, depends primarily on the amount of pesticide that a person contacts and the amount of time the person is in contact with that pesticide. In addition, a person's age, sex, genetic makeup, life style and/ or general health characteristics can affect his or her likelihood of experiencing adverse health effects as a result of exposure to pesticides.

Short-term exposures to high levels of malathion can affect the nervous system causing a variety of symptoms, including headaches, nausea, dizziness, weakness, cramps, diarrhea, excessive sweating, blurred vision and increased heart rate.  There are no studies examining whether the use of malathion to control mosquitoes has caused any long-term health effects in humans.

Most people would not be expected to experience any symptoms when malathion is sprayed for mosquito control. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency concluded that the use of malathion to control mosquitoes was unlikely to be linked to short-or long-term effects in either children or adults. However, there could be some individuals who may be particularly sensitive to malathion or petroleum solvents, and could possibly experience short-term effects as explained above.

Pesticides are degraded from surfaces more rapidly when exposed to sunlight and water and generally the the effect wears of in 24 to 48 hours.
Since it is already more than three days in your case,nothing extra has to be done now.It seems you are extra sensitive to the chemicals.
You may take some Tylenol for your headaches if you wish,otherwise just wait and watch or you may just go out of your house for couple of days to get rid of that odor completely.

Feel free to ask anything,if there is any other query.
Best of luck.